Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Miedo y Anticipación

It’s starting to get weird now since every day that goes by was our last of that day in Guatemala. (That may have been confusing, but I mean it in the sense that today is my last Tuesday in Guatemala). Monday, I relaxed for a bit after breakfast and then Aleia and I went to the market and Nim Pot (a little store) and I finally finished my Christmas shopping! Then, we had our last regular Core 400 class in the afternoon at Paul and Bev’s house as tomorrow we each are giving our presentations about the papers we wrote/are writing.

This morning, Aleia and I made our rounds around town. We stopped by a friend’s house to drop stuff off. I purchased my last tostada from the ladies who are in front of the school everyday. Went by the laundry mat and went to Parque Central to make a final ‘creative’ purchase to aid in my gift giving. Then, we went back to our house and listened to some worship music in Spanish while sitting on my bed and working on our little projects. Now, I’m at Paul’s house using the internet to post my blog updates and finish up stuff for my classes.

Only a few days left here in Guatemala and I’m going to make the most of them! Packing is difficult, not because I have so much stuff, but because I know it means the end is near. The end of something good, something great! I’m getting nervous about making the transition back to the states, but I know that everything will work out how it’s supposed to. It might take time and the reverse culture shock might be overwhelming at times, but I know I’ll get through it...I'm not quite ready yet, but I know God is preparing me.

4 comments:

  1. It may be hard, but you can do it!! I hope I am not too shocking for you... we Owens ladies can be that way. :-) We miss and love your dearly, Kylie Jordan. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Thankful for all you've been able to experience, learn and enjoy. Grateful that your Heavenly Father will use this time in your life to equip you for whatever lies ahead!

    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie,
    I am so glad to hear that your presentation went well! I 'm excited to hear all about your semester and how God has used the people of God in your life throughout this experience in Guatemala!
    Have a great trip home! I can't believe you will be with us @ the airport in 24 hours! God is good.
    Love,
    mom
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie, I just read your complete blog and am in awe of the amazing things you have experienced! It gave me goosebumps to read all about it, how incredbly amazing is our God! Not everyone is as fortunate to have an experience like this in their life and I know you do not take that for granted. God will continue to use you to inspire others!

    I enjoyed the pictures and your descriptions of the events. I also found it humorous how you talked about the food...sounds like it was very yummy there! I would be so afraid to try new things in a different country, but it sounds like they have a lot of the same kinds of food that we have....even Taco Bell...wow!!!!

    Safe travels back home and prayers are with you as you adjust back to our culture. I know your family is anxiously awaiting your arrival :-)
    ~Melissa Zeeryp

    ReplyDelete