Saturday, October 22, 2011

NUTS!

Friday afternoon at two, some of us from Spring Arbor went to the Macadamia Nut Plantation with La Union and other students from there. It was a really cool experience! When we arrived, a teacher from La Union gave us a brief overview of macadamia nuts: where they originated and a lot of other information. After a 20 minute 'briefing' we went into the plantation further and got an overview of how things work from one of the workers (all in Spanish of course). Once we saw how it worked, we went into a room where we got some samples (nuts and chocolate) and I also got a free massage from there too! It was a great afternoon.
[Sign at Valhalla]
[Nuts!]
[My sample nut]
When we got back to La Union, Jenna, Aleia and I went to check out the mini market by the church we walk by every day on the way to Spanish. I didn't get anything, but I'm sure I'll be going back! We stopped by a 24 hour prayer chapel as well which was very beautiful. I want to go back there again! Then, I watched part of a movie and relaxed until dinner.
[Beautiful part of the sidewalk...and I love the phrase]




Yesterday, Jen and I checked out the market again and now I've officially almost completed all of my Christmas shoppin...Just a few more people to get for and then I'll be able to shop for myself! haha. Spend the afternoon at a cafe and hung out with some other studnets from our group last night and watched (part) of a movie.




Today we went to Mono Loco (crazy monkey) for lunch as a group and it was amazing! I now could feed myself with left overs for the next few days...seriously. Next week will be week seven of Spnaish and my last week with a test. I still have two more weeks of SPanish afterwards, but no more tests!! We are planning on going away next weekend- Friday to Monday- as long as the roads are clear and the sun continues to shine! So, pray for no rain!!




Hasta luego, amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment