Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cerro de la Cruz

The last day of my first full week of Spanish classes was yesterday (Friday)! Most of the students had tests, but my test will be on Monday of the things I’ve learned and reviewed this first week here. The test will be mainly new vocabulary, reflexive verbs, and then a little conversational speaking as part of my oral grade. We have class from 8-10 and then get a 30 minute break before resuming class at 10:30 til noon. After the break yesterday I watched a movie with some other students and our teachers called “Voces Inocentes” [Innocent Voices] about the war in El Salvador. It was a depressing movie, but it was good –as in informative and well done.

As if this week didn’t include enough adventures, I went yesterday afternoon with the school to Cerro de la Cruz [Hill of the Cross]. Two of my roommates along with some other students and workers at La Unión went with us. We walked from La Unión to the top and it was a beautiful day for a hike! The view from the top was incredible (as you can see from the pictures)! The sun was shining and for the most part it was a clear day minus a few clouds above the top part of Volcano Agua. You get an incredible view of Antigua! We’ll be going back there later this semester with our entire SAU crew, but figured we might as well go since it was free and a beautiful Friday afternoon. Definitely worth the adventure!


[The Cross]
[Me standing in front of the cross with Antigua and Volcano Agua in the background]
[Aleia and I with our host sister (Sofie) and the daughter of another man who lives at our house]

[Jennifer, Aleia, and I]
[The view from the top witht the cross, city, and volcano]

No comments:

Post a Comment