Monday, September 12, 2011

El Primer Día

Well, today began the first day of my one-on-one Spanish lessons at Lá Unión. Once we had all arrived, the school brought us to a place near the back and we all stood in a circle alternating: teacher, student, and so on. Everyone introduced themselves by saying their name, where they were from, and something they enjoy doing (in Spanish).

Por ejemplo, “Mi nombre es Kylie. Soy de Michigan. Me gusta jugar el voleibol.”

After everyone had introduced themselves, Juan Carlos paired up each student with their instructor and we were sent away and put to work immediately. My instructor’s name is Delia. She is awesome! We conversed in Spanish for a little bit as she asked me about my life: where I’m from, how old I am, my family, etc. and I asked her questions as well (not her age though, don’t worry!) After awhile, we jumped into vocabulary, verb conjugations, and writing sentences.

Yes, I messed up several times, but Delia was very patient with me! (And she will probably need to be patient many more weeks, I’m sure!) I’m very excited to see how much I will be able to remember and learn in the weeks to come. This is going to be an amazing semester!

~Kylie

PS. I forgot to take a picture of my teacher and me today, so I will try to do that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment