Saturday, September 17, 2011

Museo del Café

Today I had the privilege of meeting up with missionaries and a few other people from my church and joining them on their tour of a coffee museum. I took tons of pictures!! They gave us a free cup of coffee and I drank it (even though I’m not a huge coffee fan). I thought it tasted pretty good with a little cream and sugar. The tour was all in Spanish and I understood most of what the guide was saying, but because it was with other people who were all Spanish speakers, so he spoke pretty fast! We were able to see how coffee was grown and prepared for us back in the US. Apparently the place we visited ships about 60% of their harvest to Starbucks…Starbucks drinkers, don’t fear! Your coffee is well taken care of and only the best is harvested. Haha…We also had the chance to look at a little music museum located next door before I had to be back at my house for lunch. Now that I’ve updated you all on my week, I’ve got to start doing some tarea [homework] for Monday!


[The sign]
[My coffee :) ]
[Coffee beans]
[Coffee growing!]


1 comment: