Monday, November 21, 2011

La Ciudad, Canopy Tour and Earth Lodge!

Friday, I had the opportunity to go with a few of my roommates, Aleia and Jenna, to Guatemala City to visit Chad and Marlana Smith. We spent the day visiting AMG, shopping at Wal-Mart, eating at Taco Bell-where there were French fries, not nachos, and shopping at a Mega Pacas-giant thrift store…better than Goodwill! Then we went back to the Smith’s house for a bit before they brought us back to Antigua. It was an amazing day! It was fun to get out of Antigua and see some familiar faces and have a relaxing day of shopping, friends, and fun! It’s probably a good thing there aren’t Mega Pacas in Antigua…or else I’d have too much apparel and no room in my suitcases! Hopefully, we’ll get to go back again on Friday when we go to the city!
[It’s been a long time since I’ve had Taco Bell, but here was my amazing meal!- They need to get all the new desserts in the states!]



Saturday was another amazing day! We went on a zip line canopy tour :) It was pretty fantastic! There were seven different lines which got successively longer. It was so much fun!!

[My wristband! - They wouldn't let us keep them :( ]
[A group of us before the longest one!-Jen, Jenna, me, Cassie] Yesterday, we went to Earth Lodge and had our Sunday meal there where we just got to sit around soaking up some sun and getting burnt while waiting for our burgers, guacamole and chips, and smoothies to be prepared. It was a beautiful place for a meal outside of Antigua with a great view! It was a bit of a drive and a little hike, but definitely worth it! My favorite part may have been the ride back to Antigua standing in the back of pick up truck riding down the mountain.

[Sign...]

[Chairs to relax in...with an amazing view!]

[Volcano!!]

2 comments:

  1. Kylie,
    I love these posts! The senic views in your pictures are truly incredible and your adventures are awesome!
    On a side note... My Taco Bell buddies will be proud of you!
    Love,
    mom
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Mega Paca was the thrift store Kati wrote about this summer???

    ReplyDelete